Siding is what most people generally notice first about a house. It enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home, but also offers important protections for your home from natures elements.
Clear Creek Exteriors offers professional siding solutions for your home or commercial property. Let out experienced staff “wow” you with our work. Below are a few of the different types of siding we implement.
- Aluminum siding has been a popular choice since the 1950s, when homeowners began looking for a durable and affordable alternative to wood that didn’t require as much maintenance and care.
- Fiber cement siding is eco-friendly, extremely durable, costs less than cedar or aluminum, but is more expensive than vinyl. Unlike vinyl, it needs to be painted, although a good quality water-based acrylic paint will probably last up to 15 years on it.
- Plywood siding can look just like solid-wood siding, is inexpensive, attractive, and comes in a wide variety of textures and patterns. It’s one of the easiest sidings to install and can last for 30 years or more, but it requires the same maintenance and care as solid-wood or cedar siding.
- Shingle or shake siding is easy to install, works well with most architectural styles, and can provide more detail and depth than other kinds of siding. But it’s not as long-lasting or damage-resistant, and it benefits from a power-washing and fresh oil finish every five years or so.
- Redwood or Cedar Siding is beautiful and adds warmth and charm to your property. If that’s your choice, plan on having it painted or stained every four-to-six years. The new finish will add to the aesthetic appeal of your home and protect the wood from the elements.
- Vinyl siding is known for durability and its lower cost relative to cedar and aluminum. Because it comes in a wide range of colors, it is essentially “prefinished” and requires no paint or stain. It’s also virtually maintenance-free, although you might want to power wash it every few years.